Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let me break it down, down/ Break it, break it down


Taeyang's new album (the deluxe version) dropped today, so of course it's everywhere online.
I have to admit, I actually like a few of the songs on this album (I'm not a big Taeyang fan so I wasn't that hyped about this release)! I hate the rest, though. I don't find his R&B ballads romantic or hot or cute at all...In fact, I think they're downright whiny and annoying. but I know millions of other girls think otherwise, so I understand why they're there. (Hmm, this kinda reminds me of the way I feel about Trey Songz/Usher. I don't think find them or their personae attractive and I hate most their songs because when I listen to them, I'm just like... ew, no, son. but I can see why other girls think they're cute and like their songs. I think I just don't like straight up R&B. I like my R&B to have a bit of Hip-Hop or soul, cuz otherwise it sounds flat to me. and that smooth R&B image is ... eugh.)
I love all the featured guests, though! Their voices are a welcome reprieve from Taeyang's nasally, high-pitched tone. When G-Dragon's voice came out on "I Need a Girl," I was like "wheew" and then I realized it was G-Dragon! hah! I think that's going to be Taeyang's first single, which I sorely disagree with, since I hate all of it except for the 30 seconds when G-Dragon raps...GD's voice can either sound really annoying or really sexy which is weird...
 
Let's see... Oh I am in LOVE with "Break Down!" I was really surprised when I heard it because it seemed so un-Taeyang-like! I could tell from the moment I heard it that Teddy produced it. (love that guy)

Isn't it hot?! It's such a fun, upbeat song that makes you wanna dance! I can already picture all the silly groovin that will be happening in Sol's car while we listen to it. :D The hook is so catchy, too (if you haven't already figured it out, it's the title of the post)!
I also reallllly like the rap part of this song ! who is Swings? some new rapper? I've never heard of him.
 
Oh and I like "Superstar."
That's it.
I think I'm going delete the rest of the songs from my itunes.... hahahahahaa.
But the songs I did like made me even MORE excited for Big Bang & 2ne1's comebacks!!
Also, Taeyang's lackluster album has made me go back to listen to G-Dragon's album from last summer.
I was sooo happy to be in Korea when it was released! I think it came out a few days before I left, too! :).
I remember being embarrassed to go and buy it because I didnt want them to think i was some young high school fangirl, but it never even got to that point because the salespeople didn't understand my pronunciation. They were like... o_O "we don't carry that artist..." and I had to say G-Dragon all koreanized: "Jee Du-reh-gon." and then they were like "Ohhhh! Jee Du-reh-gon! Why didn't you say so?" lol...
anyway, this is an excellent excuse to post up this video. it's a fan-made MV that uses footage from YG live TV from when they were recording G-dragon's album.

3 of the most talented peeps in YG in one song!
hahaha, sorry to take the attention away from Young-bae (Taeyang).
I'm sure Taeyang fans will enjoy the new album. I'm sure that's all that really matters. :). 

No comments: