Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tea is the best way to end your day

Today was Iris' farewell party! Jso told me she was going, so I told her to take me with her and then Isaac texts me saying "I'm picking you up at 11:45" without even a "hey" or a "long time no talk." LOL. so after a few arguments about our lack of contact (WOW I just realized this was the start of an entire day of him not communicating properly- see, this is why I need to write things down. it helps me organize my ideas for future reference), he picked me up and after scooping Jso up we went to NoHo! Hah. Man, it's such a weird thing visiting your high school. It's funny because I'm always so excited to see my old teachers, but I was NOT even a good student! yet they seem relatively happy to see me, too... makes me kinda sad I wasn't a better student for them, but... I don't think I could have really changed anything. It was just a phase I had to go through and learn from. but I really do appreciate them for their efforts and dedication. they're an awesome group of people, and I'm sad some retired and moved away from the HGM.
The current seniors are the last group of kids I recognize (since they were freshmen when I was a senior). It's strange to think after this year, I won't know any of the students anymore.
Actually, that's not true!! I know a freshmen kid, Joseph, because he used to come to my church. AHhhhh him and his friends are soooo tiny~! hahhahaa they were so adorable
and I saw Justin, who I was just so excited for because he got into Columbia by early admit!! soo good! excited for him!!
Anyway, the only other (shoot, I was about to say "seniors" but I guess we're not the "seniors" anymore) people from our grade I saw were Erin and Kathie~. Had fun just talking with them and Mr. Maine ... and then went to get lunch with Erin, Jso and Isaac at Thai BBQ (seriously, I think I have had my fill of Thai food for this whole break now).

Erin and Isaac

Then I bought a dress and shirt and crossroads ... hehe.
Then we went to see Will at his work because he ran out of gas... (?!??!) and since Isaac just happened to be in the neighborhood, we had to help him. hahahaa.
Then Jso had to go back home to get her phone to use in Korea (she just flew to Korea a few hours ago!) so we went back to LA and decided to go eat dinner.



I called up Silvia to ask her if she wanted to go out, too. and we called up Matt to see if he wanted to come. but uh... Matt never showed up. my belief is he fell asleep. hahahaa.

outside Jso's house

and hilariously, Isaac was all "Why don't you invite Sol, huhh?" and I was like... ummm hello she does not live in LA? she's just gonna be like WTF? but I called her anyway to prove to him she would not come, and then she's all "Omygod My plans just got cancelled!!" so... yeah she ended driving to LA to eat dinner (Pho) with us. hahahhaa.

Jso left to go finish packing up for Korea, and Sol, Silvia, Isaac and I went to go get ice cream at the korean market. Then Isaac got a phone call from Will to go play basketball and so we split up.. and Silvia, Sol and I went to go to my place to chill. We decided to go take a walk around my neighborhood and then go grab some coffee at McDonalds before dropping Silvia off back home.

Sol decided to sleep over so we went to go rent DVDs from one of those Redbox things, and then Isaac calls me and asks me what I'm up to. Turns out he's at some restaurant with Matt and Will 2 blocks away, so Sol and I headed over there so I could see Matt.

Matt's shoes he's had since sophomore year of high school....

Then afterwards, Matt and Will decide to come over my place to watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" with us... hahahahaa!! Matt likes Isla Fisher...

Matt and Will settling in


matt made a new friend

Anyway, that movie was terrible, but after the movie Will wanted to drink TEA so we went downstairs to the kitchen and drank tea while talking about random things (college, life, friends..) for a really long time until about 3 in the morning. Matt had to help out at his mom's place again so he needed to go sleep. hah...
but yeahhh, today was just so much fun!!! I loved meeting up and talking with old friends. ahhhh I'm incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such awesome people.
and I loved how everything was so random yet connected.

speaking of connected and whatnot, I just checked my grades and I AM SO RELIEVED!!! I got an A- on my Psych & Religion class!!!!! ahhhhhh thank you Ralph Quinn/ my TA whose name I don't really recall (I went to that section once)!!!! mann.... I really did not deserve the grade (I stopped going to class completely after the midterm...) but I wanted it so badly. :P

No comments: