Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BIKRAM.

Today was my third round of Bikram Yoga with the roommates. and it was SOOO GREAT!
I've gotten more used to the poses, so I went all out this time, and it really made a difference. Also, we went to the last class so the room was the HOTTEST it's been, which helped me stretch out to my maximum potential.
I almost passed out because it was so hot and I'd drank all my water (next time, taking two bottles!!), but you CANNOT leave the room or any nonsense like that. It was such a mental battle. I was totally passing in and out of ... something. hahhaha... And we were ALL SOOOOOO SWEATY!! I thought I'd discovered my maximum sweat levels my first two times, but this was BEYOND anything I'd ever experienced!!! I felt like I was caught in a rain storm, the way I kept dripping drops of sweat everywhere. Eri said that at one point, when we were bending down, she had a continuous stream of sweat flowing off the tip of her nose. HAHAHAHAA.
After class ended (after 90 longggg minutes)we all came out like "FUCK, that shit was INTENSE. but SO GOOD."
I'm so glad I found something that works me so hard and is fun. I also never thought I'd be the type to like going to work out with friends, but I think it's different with yoga. I really like having my friends with me~. and going there together, coming back together, eating together. :).
I've always been more of a solitary night time runner (it really helps me clear my head), and I'll always be one, but this is nice, too.
We're gonna get monthly passes and I'm going to go at least 3 times a week and try to go 4 or 5 times. It's also good because by night, I'm so fuckin wiped out that I knock out a few minutes after I hit the bed (it usually takes me about an hour or sometimes even two...).

No comments: