Thursday, February 11, 2010

rest in peace mcqueen



Oh my goodness. Alexander McQueen. suicide?
It devastates me that one of the most brilliant, innovative and daring designers of our time is now dead. Personal issues aside (because we can speculate, but who knows the exact reasons?), it's such a huge loss to the fashion world. or even the art world in general! His pieces and his shows were gorgeous works of art that actually deserved all the praise and recognition (and controversy as well, I suppose). Augh. I was watching "Sleepless in Seattle" with Miriam on the E! channel when I heard the news during the commercial break (for ... E! news, lol). I was shocked and half-hoping I'd heard it wrong, but Miriam confirmed it was true. ahhhh.
He'd always been in my top 5, and it really saddens me that there will be no more Alexander McQueen shows to look forward to anymore. Who else brings the drama and beauty like he does?








he loooves (aw shit, loved*) his head pieces





and his shoes!! of courseee.







Also, this is going to sound really dumb and selfish, but one of my unspoken dreams was to attend a Mcqueen show in Paris... and see his masterpieces up close... and also maybe buy a few pieces (this is assuming I'd have been able to afford them)... or perhaps have him design a beautiful dress for me...... so as unrealistic as these hopes were to begin with, it was kinda distressing to have them become blatant impossibilities. do you know what i mean? but yeah... I'm guessing his pieces will become even more valuable and sought after...

his infamous "Oyster Dress"


I would so wear this around the house. and to the market. and to parties. and to my wedding. and to my death.

It's on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (someone bought it and donated it to the Met).

how insane is the detailing on this dress?! (click to view larger)


and this would so be my battle gear.
but I would also wear it to parties and to get groceries.



Sigh... so this is gonna be corny, but here I go:

Dear Mr. Lee A. McQueen,

Thank you for all the beautiful works you left behind. Thank you for sharing your bewitching vision with us and letting us be a part of your world. I wish you could have been happier here, but I can only hope you found some sort of peace, wherever you may be. and know you were appreciated and loved. sorry for my bad grammar. but I think grammatically incorrectly.

Sincerely,
a really big fan


I think I'm going to dedicate my next post to some of my favorite pieces from his last few shows. :'(. It's gonna be hard to choose!!

No comments: