Thursday, May 6, 2010

NU ABO

Day 2 of the fruit cleanse, and I'm feeling a little weak. But that might also be because I only slept a few hours and only had a handful of grapes for breakfast (oh my, I almost spelled that "breakfust"). I think I'm going to go eat a banana. But I'm waiting for my nail polish to dry on my toes! hahaha- yes, I like to paint my nails while writing papers.

Oh yeah, F(x)'s NU ABO mv was released last night, and it's... OK. I was expecting better.



I wish they had incorporated better/ more challenging choreography since they are supposed to be a dance group, but I'll hold out final judgement until their live performances.
Something about the music video was lackluster to me, but I can't really place it. I remember thinking I really liked their previous music videos. Maybe this one was too predictable? Hmm, I think I expected it to be edgier. I always enjoy the visual aspect of the mvs, though. The colors are always so vivid and pretty. I also enjoy the kitschy looking sets the girls seem to reside in in all their videos. They're like storybook characters in a pop-up book.

Btw, NU stands for New and ABO stands for the different blood types. So they're saying they are "New Blood." Blood type is regarded as an important part of determining people's characteristics in some Asian cultures, much like astrological signs.


The NEWS boys call out the different stereotypes of each blood type.


"HEY A
A methodical believer
HEY B
A 'my pace' group boss
Our fortunes say we’re not compatible
Surely we can work it out
HEY O
A romanticist leader
AB
tsundere producer
Everyone has their strong points and weak points
Is this really real?"


Ah, my cute Ryo! I haven't seen your face in so long! You're an O? Well, I'm an AB (I think). I think we can work it out.

No comments: