Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SATC2


We're going to the opening night showing of Sex and the City 2! Hahaha... I didn't even see the first one because it just didn't seem so good. And this second one seems even MORE terrible. However, Erica and Miriam are wholly excited about it and I got caught up in the fervor. Okay, and I love any excuse to dress up and wear heels. :).
I think we're going to get cosmos at a bar or something and then get in line (we already bought tickets ;)). Hopefully the alcohol will make the movie experience better? I mean, I love all the fashion and fun of Sex and the City, but... I think the movies cheapen the TV show. They are totally unnecessary plot-wise and in terms of character development. I know a lot of women were clamoring for the first movie and its blockbuster success lead to this sequel, but I wish they could've at least made the plot less ludicrous. I'll hold back complete criticism until I watch the damn thing, but really, ladies? Abu Dhabi? hmphh.. The 4 women already scream white female privilege. Did they need to drive that point in even further by partying it up in the middle east?
Whatever. I'm going to just try and enjoy tonight as much as possible, take it for the stupid shallow fun it's supposed to be, and hopefully come out of the theater still tipsy. :]

No comments: