Thursday, April 1, 2010

"The Package"

Reason I was most excited about Sun and Jin's episode? ...Keamy!!

yes. and although he was only in it in bits and pieces, he did not disappoint. sooo enjoyable.
I was just waiting for the moment he'd show up and cause a ruckus, and then he turns out to be this off-the-wall weirdo who spews cliches while threatening people? It WAS SO BIZARRE. and highly entertaining.

I am so sexually attracted to this man. ;P

Anyway, I thought I'd stopped caring about Jin and Sun but this episode changed my mind! The two of them are great actors and I love the twist they put on their relationship in the sideways universe. They're not married, but having a scandalous secret affair! Delicious.
and how awesomely bad was it that Jin was delivering the $25,000 to Keamy as payment for his own death?!! nice one, Mr. Paik....
(Also, Keamy may have survived the 2 gunshots from Sayid? *hoping*) 

I did love seeing island Sun finally reacting and releasing all her pent up emotions. However, I was a little frightened at her blindsided fervor for reuniting with Jin (and later on their daughter) without consideration for any other "greater plans." Frightened because I understood and sympathized with that desire, and recognized it as a trait common in so many Korean mothers (including my own). I really enjoy watching Sun's character because the actress has been so smart about the gradations in her portrayal. They got really lucky (or shall I say, I got really lucky? hehe) with this casting because Kim Yun-jin is fluent in both English and Korean and also well adapted to both cultures, which I think has been a great boon to her flawless transition between multiple universe, multiple timeline Suns (unlike Jin, whose Korean and accent in English still makes me cringe). 
But how sweet and sad was it when Jin saw pictures of his daughter for the first time? Awwww.... I really want them to be one big (er, small) happy family, but this episode gave me so many doubts!!
And DESMOND! GO BACK TO PENNY!!! and your son!! as soon as your sneaky father-in-law de-drugs you and lets you do so, that is...

Ugh... stop making me care so much about these fictional characters, you stupid show!
JUST KIDDING I LOVE YOU DON'T LEAVE ME.

No comments: