Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lee Hyori- Swing MV

I saw this when it came out online late at night and couldn't go through the whole thing (I. Don't. Like. Clowns. especially alone at night). I was pleasantly surprised that she chose this style, though! I was afraid she'd go with the trend and release a electro dance pop number or something. This isn't her comeback single, though, so who knows what that will actually be like. I love the haunting tone of this song/mv (during the middle of the day, at least) and I love her for actually taking initiative with her creative direction. I respect her a lot for having reached the position she's in within such a stifling industry. She's been smart with her decisions and has become an established and influential member in the K-pop entertainment industry, and garnered enough power to choose how she wants to grow as an artist unlike many of the popular young acts out there whose creative inputs are on total clampdown by their labels. Therefore, she stands out from all the helpless little pop groups desperately trying to cling on to trends that have been beaten to the ground for the past few months. Let's hope she keeps it going this way. (*anticipating her album release...!)



P.S. the song reminded me of this song from The Good The Bad The Weird! I forgot how much I loved the soundtrack in this movie! I'm gonna go dl it righhhht now. :)

No comments: