Wednesday, September 15, 2010

8 splendid hours of exchanging words

I love great conversations over good food. Today was full of that. I feel so thankful.
It's so rare that I meet people who can really keep up with, understand, or challenge my way of thinking, that when I do, I know it's something to truly treasure. It gives me reassurance that my standards are there for a reason, and that I should not lower them for anyone.  
There are definitely people who meet these often assumed ridiculous expectations, and I need to focus my efforts and energy towards fostering relationships with them, because they are the people who will help me grow into a greater person. They will teach me to learn from my mistakes as well well as theirs. They will encourage me keep my pride intact because they see the importance, function, and necessity of its existence.
They will also let me know when the time is right to put away that pride, because in addition to everything, they really comprehend the beauty of sacrifice.

No comments: