Wednesday, September 8, 2010

cracked out on kdramas


I started watching Playful Kiss and it's hella cute!
I was actually really scared to see Hyunjoong's acting (I was pretty much traumatized by his atrocious take on the Hanazawa Rui role in Boys Before Flowers), but 1. I expected the worst so there were no ugly surprises 2. he learned a few more facial expressions, thank heavens 3. the role fits him a lot better. Also, the actress who plays the female lead Oh Ha-ni (Jung So-min) is sooo much more likable than the Jandi character in BBF and has much better chemistry with KHJ (or rather, actually HAS chemistry with KHJ, haha). She's so expressive and adorable that it plays off his coldness really well. :). Anyway, I've seen the first two episodes and I am pleased with the direction the show is taking~. I was unsure during the first episode but the second episode was much more tightly paced and edited. 

I'm in the middle of several dramas now... Playful Kiss, My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox, I Am Legend, and Sungkyunkwan Scandal. I'm putting I Am Legend on hold for now and am thinkin of finishing it when the drama's over. It doesn't quite fit in with the other dramas (which are more youthful and fluffy) but I definitely want to finish it. It's very solid. 
My favorite overall one as of now is probably My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox, but the other two shows just came out last week so we'll see how it goes. 
Anyway , Shin Mina + Lee Seung-gi have great chemistry together! they are way too cute. it gives me the giggles. :)















this scene was hands down my favorite, though:





teeheehee :)

(my current opinion on Sungkyunkwan Scandal is summarized quite succinctly by the previous post. 'nuff said. ^__~)

1 comment:

jso said...

OMGOMGOMG LOVE THIS POST
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My fave is playful kiss.. by far... (at this point)
I love the chemistry between shinmina and leeseunggi but they're taking the story too slowly, or i'm quickly getting bored of it.. i'm not even sure what's wrong, but something is wrong. lol

I LOVE YOUR SNAPSHOTS HAHAHAHAHA
when shinmina takes control.. sooo cute!!!!

playful kiss is soooo much better than bof.
actors and characters fit (considering hyunjoong is in both) and all the background characters, director/writer's discretion on what details/scenes to omit/add to reflect korean culture better, uniform, brighter story-line.
they are both based on manga so i wont even comment on how yoocheehae they are.

ughhhh the hae-in girl in gumiho annoys me and shes SO SKINNYYYY i cant look at her anymore...

I LOVE HOW HANI ISNT STICK SKINNY! but im sure she's really skinny off-camera, but that doesnt matter to me lol

i have to start skk scandal... but im already behind on all my dramas
including TAKGOOOOOO and bolaeman =D