Monday, November 16, 2009

조선

Guess what picture started the lecture in my Mod East Asia class today?



"Statue of Brothers" from the Korean War Memorial. representing a South Korean soldier and a North Korean soldier embracing each other on a battlefield mapped out and torn apart by outside forces.

See? I was prepping for today's lecture with my whole Arirang shebang yesterday!

Lol. Actually, my other teacher was sick (the class is taught by two professors) so the lectures were rearranged. So it was a SURPRISE! haha.

Anyway, I don't think it was very nice of the people in charge to make the larger figure S Korea and the smaller figure N Korea.

Well, anyway, it reminded me of Taegukgi...
Which everyone should watch.

I can't tell if I only liked it so much because I'm Korean. I just remember it was really SADDDD. not in that stupid explosive moment of drama sadness, but in that horribly haunting, lingering type of sadness. aka my greatest weakness.
Plus, Jang Dong Gun is amaaaazing as the older brother. <3


Oh yeah, may I add: THE US AND UK TRAILERS for this movie SUCK SOOO MUCH. WHAT THE FUCK.

No comments: