Thursday, November 19, 2009

R.I.P. 다울아...

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/11/20-year-old_model_daul_kim_is.html

This... just broke my heart...

Daul Kim, one of South Korea's top supermodels was found dead in her Paris apartment.
(*edit* apparently she hanged herself...)
She was only 20 years old!
I regularly visited her blog (iliketoforkmyself.blogspot.com/).
She was funny, weird, angry, moody, honest, lovely and so interesting!
I knew she was going through some sort of depression because of the contents of her recent entries, but I never thought it would end up like this.
I sometimes envied her lifestyle, traveling from Paris to Seoul to Tokyo to New York, meeting up with some of my favorite people (one of her best friends was Yang Seung-ho aka the stylist for 2NE1).
She talked a lot about past abuse and unhealthy relationships she had been in... and I thought it was just her way of venting- so she could be healthier in real life, you know? I mean, that's at least why I write about myself... to funnel all the frustrations out. But I have never endured some of the shit she talked about... so yeahh...
It was just... some shocking news...
I still can't believe it ended up like this...or how no one was able to reach out and help her...
sigh....................



마음이 아파...

No comments: